Minecraft Black Screen Issue is a common bug that occurs instantly while playing Minecraft on PC. Many users have faced this error, mostly when they try to log in on the game. This makes your home screen stuck, thus restricting the smooth function of this game. If you are a gamer and want to remove this trouble on your system, follow this quick guide.
There are many factors responsible for this Minecraft Black Screen Issue on the system. The possible culprit may be a third-party antivirus program, faulty driver, change in graphics settings, 3D display mode, SLI model, or not supported java archives. The easy way to sort out Minecraft Black Screen Issue is to Run the compatibility mode or repair the faulty graphics driver. The other resolution could be the use of CTRL+ ALT+DEL shortcut. Let’s explore the solutions in detail –
Here is how to Fix the Minecraft Black Screen Issue on Windows 10
Here are straightforward workarounds to fix the Minecraft Black Screen Issue on Windows 10
1. Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus
The working principle of several applications gets affected by the use of third party antivirus programs. Sometimes it prevents the Minecraft or other games from running effectively. As a result, the black screen can occur when the play starts on these games.
If you experience Minecraft Black Screen Issue, your first move should be to check your antivirus program. Again look whether this has blocked the Minecraft game or not on your PC. To know this, add the Minecraft in anti-malware exclusions list and check. If you are sure about the running antivirus blocked the Minecraft, uninstall then reinstall the antivirus program. Once performed, try running Minecraft on your PC again.
Follow these steps to uninstall the antivirus program:
- At first, open Control Panel and choose the Program and Features category.
- Here, select the installed antivirus software from the list and hit the Uninstall button.
- Again click Uninstall to obliterate this program.
Note: You can use the in-built Windows Defender application to protect your system from the malicious file’s attack.
If uninstalling the third party doesn’t help you to solve the issue, try the next workaround.
2. Disable 3D Display Mode feature
If the Minecraft game continues to freeze due to the black screen, the problem might be related to Settings changes. As per several users’ views, disable 3D Display under the Settings app might solve this nagging issue. Here is how to proceed:
- Press Win and I shortcut to launch Settings.
- Here navigate to the System category.
- Under the Display section, switch to the right pane. Now scroll down the cursor and hit Advanced display settings.
- Look for 3D Display Mode and inactivate this feature.
- At last, try to start this tool again and check whether the Minecraft Black Screen Issue has been solved or not.
Note: The 3D Display Mode doesn’t support on every computer. In case this option is not available on your system or fails to reconcile the issue, try the next solution.
3. Disable the SLI mode
The SLI feature is a useful tool to enhance the performance of the system. However, this can lead to different bugs. Using more than one graphics card in SLI mode may cause Minecraft Black Screen Issue. To disable the SLI mode can solve this bug. And thus, you can play Minecraft without any interruption.
4. Disable Stereoscopic 3D Feature
Many graphic cards support the Stereoscopic 3D feature; however, few games might not assist this tool. As a result, the problem starts to occur. When this option is enabled, it leads to the Minecraft Black Screen Issue. The best solution here to solve this bug is:
Go to the Control panel and check the installed graphics card on your system. Once found, disable the same. Now try to rerun the Minecraft game. I hope this time there is no black screen issue.
5. Try Using a Different file Archiver Software
This issue can be easily solved now with the use of the Win Zip application. This issue, in general, occurs on the java version of the game. While trying java oriented file, your system must allow the process Unzip that file.
6. Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
Sometimes running the game in compatibility mode also encounter this Minecraft Black Screen Issue on your PC. The compatibility mode is an inbuilt feature of Windows 10. This is used to run the previous application, which might not be entirely friendly with your Windows OS. Here is the process to follow-
- Go to Cortana and type Minecraft. Again click on the well-matched to open the file.
- Right-click on the same & then select Properties from the context menu.
- Choose the Compatibility tab then mark the checkbox against “Run this program in compatibility mode for. “
- Tap the down cursor on the drop-down menu. And select your preferred version of the OS, then click on the Apply and OK button.
- Once the task is finished, try to attempt to play the Minecraft again. Now check if the issue has been solved or not.
7. Use Ctrl + Alt + Del shortcut
If the Minecraft Black Screen Issue continues to stick your Home Screen, give this shortcut a try. Here is the complete procedure:
- Start the Minecraft game as usual.
- When the black screen appears up, press Ctrl + Alt + Del hotkey.
- Here, click the Cancel button to go back to the Windows screen.
- If the home screen of the game appears up, play the game without any hassle.
Note: If the above workaround finds helpful to you, use it when the black screen stuck the game.
8. Run the Game with Integrated GPU
Most of the PC have both integrated and dedicated in-built graphics. Dedicated graphics always perform better than integrated. However, if you are on the dedicated graphics, this may cause the Minecraft Black Screen Issue.
If the issue pops up due to dedicated graphics, try running Minecraft using your system’s inbuilt graphics. Make a right-click on the shortcut and select the option “Run with the graphics processor. “
If this method work indeed, you have to use the default graphic for Minecraft and change your Dedicated Graphics asap.
Note: This is just a temporary solution. If theissue gets resolved, this might come back again on your PC.
9. Reinstall Graphics Card Drivers
In General, the faulty or obsolete graphics card driver can also cause the Minecraft Black Screen Issue. To solve this trouble, you need to uninstall this driver and reinstall the same again. This process is relatively easy; follow the below steps-
- Press the Win logo & X hotkey to open Start.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Now look for the graphics card driver and expand it.
- Right-click on the same, then select the Uninstall device option.
- Click the Uninstall button again to permit the changes.
- When the driver is successfully removed, click on the Scan for hardware changes icon.
- Now, go to this official website of the manufacturer. There download the latest version of the graphics device driver as per your system architecture.
- Once the process is finished, check if the Minecraft Black Screen Issue is still available.
Note: The default settings of the device driver is by default, not optimized. Hence, this may result in specific issues in your system.
Final Words :
The Minecraft Black Screen Issues can be really problematic, but these problems are caused by your settings or drivers in most cases. You must now be able to manage the Minecraft Black Screen Issue using one of our solutions.