This Activation Error Code 0xC004F050 mainly occurs when you perform some significant changes on your computer. This involves replacing a corrupt HDD with a fresh one, upgrading Windows 10 Version from Home to Pro, servers that are busy handling other users’ requests, etc.
So, While trying to activate Windows 10, you may encounter the following error message.
“The product key you entered didn’t work. Now, Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)”.
The error 0xC004F050 may also appear if you are not using a legitimate Windows 10 product key. Suppose you do have bought the tickets from a legal source, try reactivating Windows 10 either through Command Prompt or Settings application. If the activation fails again, use the default troubleshooter for this. If the issue continues for more than 1 or 2 days, you can start a telephone conversation and get a resolution from Microsoft’s team.
Windows 10 Activation Error 0xC004F050 Solutions
To resolve the activation 0xC004F050 issues on your device, follow the below troubleshooting methods –
Note: If you do not have a real product key or digital license linked to your official Microsoft account, you will not be supported at all by the solutions below.
1. Downgrade Windows 10 Edition
Often, when you update your operating system to a higher Windows 10 version, activation issues occur. For instance, many users upgrade their Windows 10 Home Edition to Pro or Enterprise Edition voluntarily or by mistake. On hardware, Microsoft maintains track of previously used operating system versions. And if they note any noticeable change, they report the same activation error producing the same one.
So, To downgrade the operating system back to the Home version, the only way to fix this is. Visit the official website if you don’t want to turn back and purchase a genuine product key. To reactivate the newly installed Windows 10 OS, you can use this key.
2. Troubleshoot Activation Issues
This is the most efficient way to resolve the reasons for the computer’s 0xC004F050 issue. Here are the main steps to focus on—
- Click the Win + I buttons together to open the Setting program.
- Click Protection & Update > Activation.
- Head over to the pane on the right and then press Troubleshoot.
- Now, to complete the remaining steps, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the report it offers after the troubleshooting finishes. The report contains all the relevant details that cause your machine to trigger problems.
3. Use a Legitimate Product Key
This activation error 0xC004F050 mostly occurs when you are not using a genuine product key. This is a good idea to check whether you are using a legitimate key or not following the below steps –
- Command Start Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Copy / paste the below code onto the elevated terminal, followed by the Enter key.
slmgr.vbs /ipk <ProductKey>
Note: Here, Replace the “<ProductKey>” part with your 25-digit product key.
Suppose you are using a legitimate key. You will receive a successful message.
Through Settings App
Alternatively, through the Settings program, you can also enable Windows 10. So For this, navigate to the path –
Settings (Win + I) > Update & Security > Activation
- Jump to the right side and click the Change Product key.
- Put a 25-digit product key at the essential place & press Next.
- Your device now will connect automatically to Microsoft’s server & check its legitimacy.
- If of not finding any issues online, this will activate your copy of Windows 10.
4. Reactivate Windows after a hardware change
Suppose you have recently replaced the hard disk. It may result in similar issues on your computer. So To fix this, you need to notify Microsoft about a hardware change on your device. This process is applicable only if you have previously used a Microsoft account to sign-in to your Windows 10 PC.
This company automatically creates a digital license and links the same to your official account. By giving so, they protect you from losing your valuable access to Microsoft and its services. Well, Here is how to report a hardware change to the concerned authorities –
- First, press Win + I to invoke the Settings window.
- Then, Type activation in the search field and click the Activation settings from the pop-up results.
- Next, On the right pane, click Troubleshoot.
- If the troubleshooting finishes, click, “I recently changed hardware on this device.”
- Now, Windows will then prompt to sign-in to your official account, do the same.
- Here, Microsoft will then present a list of devices that you can activate.
- Finally, select the one that you are currently using and hit the Activate button.
5. Contact Microsoft Product Activation Center
Suppose the issue prevails even after performing the above solutions, and knowing the license is from a legal source, you must contact the Microsoft Product Activation Centre. So, Here is how to activate Windows getting assistance from Microsoft –
- Firstly, Press WinKey + R to invoke the Run command.
- Next, Type SLUI 4 in the dialog box and hit OK.
- Then, On the next window, select your country using the drop-down menu and press Next.
- Here, You will get an assistant number, call them, and provide your installation ID when asked to.
- Lastly, The experts will tell you the confirmation ID over the phone. Now, Fill in the details carefully to activate your Windows 10 device.
Also, Check :
Today we have Mentioned some Methods to Solve Activation Error Code 0xC004F050. Please note that enabling Windows 10 over the phone is a lengthy operation, so listen attentively to the instructions and follow them over the phone as requested.