To create a Microsoft Account, you don’t need an Outlook, Live, or Hotmail account. You can also Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail, which allows you to use Gmail to log into your computer.
Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail
Because Windows is a Microsoft product, most people assume that a Microsoft Account requires an Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-related email address.
However, the only prerequisite for registering a Microsoft Account is that you have a valid email address. Therefore you can utilize your Gmail account to do so.
When you use Gmail as a Microsoft Account, you get the same benefits as individuals who use Outlook, Hotmail, or Live.com email addresses.
You’ll be able to use Gmail to log into your computer, make purchases, and download apps from the Windows Store once you’ve created a Microsoft Account using Gmail.
1. Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail On New Computer
You can Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail during the installation of Windows 10 on a new computer or when reinstalling Windows 10 on an existing computer (after deleting all data).
1. To start your computer, press the Power Button.
2. To set up your computer, follow the onscreen steps until you reach the “Sign in with Microsoft” prompt. Click the Create Account option after entering your Gmail address.
3. On the following screen, type the password you’d want to use to log in to your computer (it’s not the same as your Gmail account password) and hit the Enter key on your computer’s keyboard.
4. Finish the setup of your Windows 10 machine by following the next set of instructions.
You’ll be able to connect to your computer and make purchases on the Windows Store using your Gmail account after it’s been set up.
2. Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail on an Existing Computer
To Create Microsoft Account Using Gmail on your current computer, follow the instructions below.
1. Go to Settings and select Accounts from the drop-down menu.
2. Select Sign in With Microsoft Account Instead Link from the Accounts screen.
3. On the next screen, click the Create one! Option and leave the Email field blank.
4. On the next screen, insert your Gmail address, an 8-digit password (not your Gmail password), and your country, then click Next.
Important: Do not click the “Get a new email address” option since it will prompt you to create a new Outlook.com account.
5. On the next screen, check or uncheck the options that apply to you, then click Next.
6. On the next screen, confirm your identity (one final time) by entering your Old User Account Password and clicking Next.
Note: Well, You may be asked to authenticate your Gmail address by inputting a verification code in some situations (See image below).
7. On this “Set up a PIN” screen, select Skip this step to conclude the Microsoft Account with Gmail creation procedure.
Also, Check :
After that, you’ll be able to use your Gmail account to log into your computer and download apps from the Windows Store.