There are a lot of things that have changed in 2020 and a few of them for the good which we can see going on to 2021. We all had to adapt to the new life due to this pandemic as it not only affected us as humans but our businesses as well. Some businesses took the road towards downfall while others climbed the ladder higher and faster. There were many ways businesses achieved this by taking some precautionary measures that were a necessity. Online digital marketing being the main one.
Online marketing helps you reach a higher audience more easily. It is basically using the web and internet to sell your product and company. There are various methods you can do this by like email marketing, websites, social media advertising, search optimization engine, paid search, vlogs, and blogs. Online gives you different ways to market your brand and establish keen relationships with your consumers less expensively. So let’s talk about the online marketing factors that could be important in 2021 to help you kick start your year more efficiently.
- Online Shop – e-commerce: being able to shop online is now the new normal for everyone and every brand whether you sell clothes or shoes, or bags or grocery. We have already seen how shopping has been evolved into online platforms in 2020. Many businesses created websites, apps, and used social media platforms to market their products. For instance, flamingos’ vintage pound is a clothing store in Brooklyn, New York which also has its interesting online website that markets their clothes in a more unique way that attracts a more audience. Do you see how e-commerce can help you in more than one way?
- Voice Search – There have been many technological advances in 2020 as well that will continue to shape 2021. Google Home, Siri, and Alexa have made lives easier and accessible through just out voices hence your voice search engine needs to be optimized by choosing the accurate and innovative keywords and content that makes sure to be read by Google, Alexa, or Siri and lead your potential customers to your online platform. This is one of the factors that will build up to be an important factor in 2021, so better start working on it now and be ahead of your competitors!
- SEO with Snippets: as everyone knows SEO will always continue to be a huge factor in digital marketing. Search engines can be optimized according to your location or brand, etc. Search engines especially google prioritizes relevant searches more efficiently then. If I use the flamingos vintage pound example again, if you search clothing store in Brooklyn, their store location and website will be the first thing that shows up as they have managed their content and optimized their search engines. SEO, however, helps you be number one, Google’s new snippet feature will take digital marketing trends to another level. The featured snippet works differently than other search results entries. More importantly, it is eye-catching as it is located at the top in a small box. It shows more and relevant information with the attempt at answering the user’s question without them needed to click on it and better yet, it can work by voice search as well. They don’t use keywords rather long phrases with your keyword and come in different forms, videos, and more.
- Ad Blockers: with many technological advances and solutions to our problems, there are still somethings that will be resolved in 2021. One of the important factors you need to keep in mind when it comes to online marketing in 2021 is Adblockers. Ad blockers really annoy and kill the overall vibe of your website or app. It is better not to post or allow than rather than researching and putting them up for your target audience. If they can’t get into your website or app without watching the ad or going through it, they are most likely to tell your website goodbye and leave rather than waiting for it to finish. You cannot change the preferences of consumers online by one ad, so you can switch this means into social media and interactive marketing which will help you advertise more acceptably and pleasingly.
- The Power of Social Media: this will continue to be a life-changing hack for all businesses but you need to be smart on how to use them. There are many platforms like Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. You need to see according to your brand where to target your right audience first and then select the perfect means to spread your aim and brand. It is actually much more than just uploading a picture on every domain you have an account on. The key for social media marketing is to be direct and make them trust you as social media has its certain risk, then you need to identify what content they are most likely to engage with and where. This year has dramatically increased the amount of time people spend online which includes how they research products, brands, and organizations and this has already made them rely on social media. You can always hire help to make sure your efforts and money aren’t going in the wrong direction as because social media is increasing, so are its expenses.
- Content: lastly, as mentioned above, you need to be smart about where to post and how to post but the question is also, what to post? In 2021, content needs to be aesthetically pleasing and interactive as it won’t only promote engagement but also improve user’s experience which will make them want to come back. Content is in the form of pictures, infographics, videos, etc. Examples of interactive marketing include quizzes, games, polls, giveaways, surveys, and contests. Contests are always a great initiative to gain visibility quickly and create a buzz in the market as you can just have your participants share your brand online as a participation rule, more so these ways are 10 times more effective and cheap than advertising agencies.