Whenever as a developer you decide to build an app, apart from features, surely you must be in the dilemma of choosing a good app testing tool. Especially, when there are too many application testing tools existing and all of them are calling themselves the best. To help you solve that problem, we are going to discuss some best app testing tools for you. These automated tests can test your application and resolve many kinds of possible human errors. It saves time, effort, and reduces the budget for mobile app development.
Moreover, you get to know how your app will behave in the real world. These tools can be used to test hybrid or native apps, along with other apps like Web browsers, operating systems, etc. These app testing tools which we will talk about are being used by successful developers and the best android application development companies.
This open-source app testing tool is developed to support mobile apps built on any language. Appium uses automation to test native, hybrid, and mobile applications. If you are a native app developer, Appium gives you the freedom of choosing your preferred frameworks, test practices, and tools.
Features of Appium Mobile Web Application Testing Tool
- Appium is an open-source app testing tool;
- It lets you reuse the code for the testing process;
- Appium supports cross-platform testing for native, hybrid, and mobile applications;
- Appium makes sure that your app will not need any recompiling or modification to get automated.
Kobiton is a testing tool that lets you choose your preferred devices and test the app. This tool also comes with manual or automation testing options. Kobiton doesn’t use emulators to test your apps. You can simply test your mobile and web applications on any device.
The scriptless automation test saves a lot of time and lets you identify and execute errors 10x faster. Kobiton doesn’t require a manual script to execute tests for your apps. You can use these automated testing scripts on hundreds of devices without any worries.
Features of Kobiton
- Kobiton lets you perform a manual application test on one device. For other devices, you can replicate the same test for faster results;
- Test the functionality of your iOs or Android app manually and use the manual script to automate tests on 350+ devices of your choice;
- The automation test can recognize possible defects your app might face on multiple devices. As the result, it will generate tickets for each defect along with the debug session;
- Kobiton’s automated app test also observes visual anomalies and provides you a report for the same.
3. Eggplant Testing
Eggplant is an advanced application testing system that uses AI for quality assurance. This app testing software is comparatively faster and more accurate compared to its competitors.
Today, when developers have so much pressure because of the manual testing requirements, Eggplant’s AI-based testing system is proved to be helpful. As a developer, you can use Eggplant to automate any kind of app testing on any device. UI, APIs, and Databases, Eggplant can help identify issues and execute solution reports.
Features of Eggplant Testing
- Eggplant testing offers an AI-based automated app testing system for any devices;
- The tool is being used to test apps and deliver results in sectors like Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Enterprise, Financial services, etc;
- It can be used to test apps designed for any devices, web browsers, operating systems, etc;
- You can use Eggplant to test any layer of the app from UI to APIs or databases.
Selendroid can be used on real devices or emulators. This automated test framework tests the UI of native and hybrid Android apps. Selendroid test scripts are written using selenium 2 client API. Selendroid can also interact with multiple Android devices and emulators for the parallel app testing process.
Features of Selendroid
- Selendroid uses the same concepts for native or hybrid apps testing;
- It supports parallel app testing on multiple devices and emulators;
- There’s no need for any modification in the app script to automate the testing process;
- Selendroid also supports gesture controls and tests them for you.
MonkeyTalk is a cross-platform application testing system. This open-source application testing tool can use recorded scripts from iOs to Android, and vice versa. The MonkeyTalk provides you the freedom of capturing, replaying, editing, and managing mobile app scripts.
Features of MonkeyTalk
- In case of errors, MonkeyTalk is capable of taking screenshots to generate a report.
6. iOs-driver App testing Tool
iOs-driver lets you test native, hybrid, and mobile web applications built for iOs devices. The tool uses Selenium or WebDriver API for the testing process. Due to its full integration with Selenium, you can reuse your already created test infrastructure. You can use iOs-driver to test your application on multiple emulators or devices.
Features of iOs-driver
- Enables faster parallel application testing process with the help of Selenium or WebDriver;
- iOs-driver can be used in an existing Selenium Grid;
- It doesn’t require jailbreaking of the device to run or test;
- Additionally, no extra apps are required for the app testing process.
21Labs is designed to reduce the cost of app testing and debugging. This AI-based automated app testing system lets you do a detailed analysis without the need for real devices. Moreover, the tool is also capable of resolving complex errors with the help of other app tests.
Features of 21Labs
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) stops system messages by auto-detecting them to avoid disrupting your app test process;
- The tool comes with 14 days of free trial to gain your trust;
- 21Labs uses standard Appium and run on any device lab;
- With a single click, it can report bugs with videos, screenshots, logos, and steps to reproduce the script.
If you’re an individual developer, or you belong to the category of on-demand services startups, automated app testing tools can be beneficial for you in certain ways. Tradition manual testing ways were not only time consuming, but they were most of the time inaccurate as well. Which resulted in more costs, and fewer deliveries by developers.
However, automated app tools provide many accurate results without the need of spending a lot of time on multiple analyses. The best part about these tools is that they also provide debugs for possible errors. It helps new developers in resolving app complications and learning possible solutions for the future.
Jason Camaya loves carrying his camera wherever he goes. When he doesn’t click pictures, Jason loves to write, play video games, and procrastinate. He has been writing for the technology vertical for quite sometime now, and as talented as he gets, he is giving tough competition to his fellow writers. He has been featured in many websites and blogs.