The Internet Service Provider assigns a Private IP Address and a Public IP Address to any device connected to the internet. These steps to find your public and private IP addresses are listed below.
IP Addresses: Public vs. Private
The Modem/Router connects to the internet Utilizing an External IP Address, while other devices connect to the Modem/Router using their Private IP Addresses in a standard Network configuration.
The ISP (Internet Service Provider) assigns the Modem an external IP address visible to other devices on the internet.
The Modem assigns the Internal or Private IP Address to your computer, phone, and other devices, and it can only be viewed by other devices connected to the same WiFi Network.
In brief, other devices on the internet may see the External IP Address (assigned by the Service Provider). The Internal IP Address, on the other hand, is not visible to other internet-connected devices.
What Is Your Public IP Address, and How Do I Find It?
Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) assigns you a public IP address, which you can find by entering What is my IP Address into Chrome, Safari, or another web browser.
In most instances, your IPv6 address will be listed as the top search result in both Chrome and Safari.
You may use ip4.me or other websites listed in the search results to find your Public IP Address (iPv4).
What Is Your Private IP Address, and Where Can You Find It?
Your Private IP Address is assigned to devices such as computers, phones, and other appliances by your modem/router, and it is only visible to machines on your Home WiFi Network.
The steps below may be used to see the Private IP Address on a PC, Mac, iPhone, or Android phone.
1. In Windows 10, find a private IP address.
To get your public and private IP addresses on a Windows 10 PC, follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Settings, click, and choose Network and Internet.
2. In the left pane of the following screen, choose Status. Next, click the Properties button for the current Network on your computer in the right pane.
3. Your Private IP Address will be listed next to the iPv4 address item on the Network Properties page.
You will notice your IPV6 IP Address, which will be a complicated mix of letters and numbers in addition to the conventional four-string IPV4 address.
2. On a Mac, find a private IP address
Follow the steps below to find your Private IP Address if you’re using a MacBook, Mac Mini, or iMac.
1. In the top menu bar, click the Apple symbol and choose System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
2. click the Network option from the System Preferences page.
3. In the left pane, choose your network type (Ethernet or WiFi). Your Private IP Address will be listed next to the IPV4 Address item in the right-pane.
3. Use the iPhone to find up a private IP address
To find your Private IP Address on an iPhone, follow the steps below.
1. Go to Settings > WiFi and touch on the name of your WiFi network.
2. On the next page, under the “IPV4 ADDRESS” section, your Private IP Address will be listed next to IP Address Entry.
4. find a Private IP Address on an Android Device
On an Android phone, obtaining your Private IP Address is equally simple.
1. Navigate to Settings > WiFi > choose the gear-shaped Settings Icon.
2. Your Private IP Address will be shown on the following screen.
Note: Most users have a Dynamic IP Address, which often changes, unlike a Static IP Address, which stays constant.