On Windows 10, some users reported Photos app error 0x80070020 when trying to export or save the video from the Photos app. It fails to save the video and suggests to try again later or choose a different file name. Suppose you’re also facing the same issue on your computer, then here is something good for you. In this article, we have included some useful methods that will help you fix this issue.
This Error 0x80070020 comes with an error –
- Couldn’t save the video
- This file is in use. So, try again later or select a different file name. Here is the error code, in case you need it: 0x80070020
Photos App Error 0x80070020 on Windows 10
Try this thing before you go to the solutions, close all other instances of the Photos app, and then try exporting or saving the video. If it works, then skip trying the methods below. However, if that doesn’t help, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Try to Change the Filename
- Choose another location to save your file.
- Save your file to the local disk.
- Create a new video
1. Try to Change the Filename
Choose a short file name and try to save or export your file. The title should be different from the one which you are already using. And see if that makes a difference.
2. Choose Another location to Save your file
If changing the filename doesn’t solve the issue, then save the file to a different place and check if it solves it.
3. Save your File to your PC local Disk
Sometimes you may encounter this Photo app error while trying to save the file to One Drive, Google Drive, or any cloud storage service. In such a case, save the file to your computer disk drive and see if it helps. If it doesn’t fix your problem, move on to the next step.
Also, Check :
4. Create a New Video to Fix Photos App Error 0x80070020
If you’re still facing the Photos app error 0x80070020, try to make the video from scratch and see if that helps.