Here is a tutorial on how to enable or install Internet Explorer on Windows 10 computer. You should find this useful if you cannot locate the IE browser on your Computer or find that Internet Explorer is not installed on your Windows 10 Computer.
Internet Explorer is Missing on Windows 10 Computer
In general, users have reported Internet Explorer as not being installed or missing on new computers that come pre-installed with the Windows 10 operating system.
Another case where the Internet Explorer browser goes missing is when you do a fresh installation of the Windows 10 operating system on your computer.
Apart from this, you may also find the Internet Explorer browser missing or removed from your Computer’s taskbar, in case it was upgraded to Windows 10 from an earlier version of the Windows operating system (Windows 7 or 8).
Microsoft Edge is Not Internet Explorer
Some computer users think of Microsoft Edge as a new version of Internet Explorer and start wondering as to why it is so different and at times difficult compared to the good old version of Internet Explorer.
However, Microsoft Edge is a totally new browser from Microsoft, and it is not the same as Internet Explorer that you were so used to for all these years.
With the release of Windows 10, Microsoft wants computer users to get started with its new Microsoft Edge browser. Hence, it has made Microsoft Edge the default browser in Windows 10, displaying it more prominently than any other browser, including its own Internet Explorer.
Luckily, Internet Explorer is still included in Windows 10. You can easily enable Internet Explorer or install it back on your Windows 10 Computer, in case you are more comfortable using IE than using Microsoft Edge.
Pin Internet Explorer to Taskbar in Windows 10
Internet Explorer is most likely installed on your computer in case it was upgraded to Windows 10 from an earlier version of Windows. In such a case, you just need to search for Internet Explorer in Windows 10 search bar and pin IE to the taskbar.
1. Start typing Internet Explorer in the Windows 10 search bar (next to the start button). In most cases, you should see Internet Explorer coming up at the top of search results (See image below).
2. Next, right-click on Internet Explorer and choose Pin to Taskbar (See image below).
This will pin the Internet Explorer icon to the taskbar of your Windows 10 computer. This way, it will become very easy for you to locate and use of IE browser (See image below).
Another Way to Find Internet Explorer on Windows 10 Computer
Here is another way to locate Internet Explorer on a Windows 10 computer and pin it to the taskbar.
1. Click on Windows 10 Start button and click on All Apps.
2. Scroll down the list of apps till you find the Windows Accessories folder and click on it.
3. You will find Internet Explorer within the Windows Accessories folder. You can just right-click on Internet Explorer Icon and choose pin to taskbar.
Install Internet Explorer on Windows 10
In certain cases, you may not be able to find Internet Explorer when you search for it. In such cases, you may have to install Internet Explorer from the Programs and Features section of the Windows 10 computer.
1. Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
2. On the control panel, look for the Programs and Features icon and click on it. To make this easy, make sure that you are on the large icon view of the control panel.
3. On the next window, click on Turn Windows Features On or Off Link.
4. You will see the list of programs and features available on your computer. For example, look for Internet Explorer and put a tick mark against it by clicking on the little box next to Internet Explorer (See image below).
5. Click OK to complete the installation of Internet Explorer on your computer.
Also, Check :
Once Internet Explorer is installed on your computer, you can pin Internet Explorer to the taskbar so that you can easily access and use Internet Explorer Browser on your Windows 10 Computer.