Minecraft Running Slow? Formed in 2009, Minecraft is a popular open-ended game. Meanwhile, in this game, players use their imagination to build houses, make tools, and battle. Indeed, if you are a gamer and love playing computer games, you must have played Minecraft.
However, to run this game in an optimal fashion paying attention to Mac’s performance is a must. Suppose your system is filled with cluttered data or is not optimized. You might experience Minecraft lagging issues. Accordingly, to help speed up Minecraft during the gameplay here, we enlist specific steps.
Using those steps, you can get back to making your own Minecraft world on Mac.
How to Speed up Minecraft on Mac
Just after we know what causes a problem, we can fix it. Hence, to speed up Minecraft time on Mac, we need to understand what slows it down.
Usually, unwanted apps running in the background slow down Mac resulting in slow or laggy Minecraft. Accordingly, if too many programs are running at once on your Mac, you need to close them. Becoming a YouTube video running, multiple browsers open does not leave a lot of processing power for Minecraft to run smoothly. Therefore, it would be best if you shut down unwanted processes.
Hither, we explain how to speed up time in Minecraft.
- Edit graphics settings on your Mac
- Change difficulty settings
- Check RAM usage
- Clean junk files
1. Edit Graphics Settings on Your Mac
Lots of processing power is required for high-quality graphics. Hence, to speed up Minecraft time on Mac, disable automatic graphics switching. That means no longer the Mac will automatically switch between graphic modes for battery life. Have it running on high-quality gaming graphics.
To change Energy Saver settings, follow these steps below:
1. Click Apple logo > System Preferences.
2. Select Energy Saver.
3. Next, uncheck the box next to Automatic graphics switching. So, This will stop the computer from automatically switching between graphics modes.
2. Change Difficulty Level of Minecraft
Well, Playing Minecraft on a high difficulty level can slow it down. So, you need to change the setting and choose the background from one of four scenes between Peaceful and Hard. It was setting the game to Hard means more zombies and mobs. Not only this, at a challenging level, but a higher number of pixels are also rendered, and this needs more GPU power. However, All this slows down Minecraft; hence to boost the speed changing the difficulty level is best. It will remove hostile mobs, and players’ health will be restored quickly without any lags.
To change the difficulty settings, follow these steps below:
1. Open the Minecraft server control panel.
2. Here, under the Multicraft discussion, choose Config Files.
3. Choose the Server Settings.
4. Next, select the preferred difficulty level from the Difficulty option.
5. Save the settings & restart the Minecraft server.
3. Check RAM Usage
Suppose Minecraft is still slow. It would be best if you looked for applications that take up more memory when playing the game. For this, use Activity Monitor. This will help check how much RAM is being spent on background running apps.
Not this one, once you know which app is creating problems, but you can also quit it and free up RAM to play the game swiftly. Well, To check memory usage via Activity Monitor, follow the steps below:
1. Type Activity Monitor in the Spotlight.
2. Now open it and click Memory tabs.
3. See the application at the top of the list.
4. Quit these apps that you do not want to run when playing Minecraft.
So, Doing so will help free up memory that is being wasted by unwanted apps. Suppose this doesn’t help, try restarting Mac. It will reset the RAM, and you will be able to fix lagging gameplay on Mac.
4. Clean Junk Files
Undoubtedly, the steps, as mentioned earlier, will help speed up the Minecraft gaming experience. However, following these manual steps is a tedious task. So, to simplify things here, we bring a better way to optimize Mac and get rid of junk files.
Thus, what is that way? The answer is TuneUpMyMac – a great one-click Mac optimizer. Here, Using which you can get rid of junk files, duplicates, cache, cookies, large files, and startup items, all of which slow down Mac resulted in a lag when playing Minecraft.
To use this excellent Mac cleaner, follow these steps below:
1. Download and install TuneUpMyMac
2. Tap Start Scan Now and wait for the scan to finish.
3. Once done, you will find several junk files, system cache, & other unwanted files stored on Mac.
4. Click Clean Now to remove them all.
5. Additionally to this, to speed up Minecraft, So, you can use other modules and do a deep cleaning.
Then, Once you are done with the scanning and cleaning of all unwanted data, try using Minecraft. You will undoubtedly feel a speed boost.
Also, Check :
Final Words :
Here, An optimized Mac will give you a great Minecraft experience and will help speed up Minecraft gameplay. Well, To keep it this way, running the intelligent Mac optimizer is a good idea.