Your attention is no doubt noticed to new text message notifications when your iPhone displays a preview of the Message. If you have a problem with this, you can utilize the steps below to conceal text messages on your iPhone and prevent them private.
Hiding Text Messages on iPhone
Whenever you get a new iMessage or text message on your iPhone, you’ll be alerted immediately with a New Message Alert, which appears in the Notification Center and on your Lock Screen.
So, To provide you with an idea about the content of the incoming Message, iPhone shows a brief preview or selected range of the Message in the New Message Notification.
While this feature is convenient, it also provides an excellent opportunity for people around you to guess your activities by looking at Message Previews appearing on your iPhone.
If you wish to keep your message messages private, you can disable Message Previews on your iPhone’s Lock Screen or on the Lock Screen alone while allowing them to remain active in the Notifications section.
1. Totally Hide Text Messages on iPhone
Suppose you are using the default Messaging App. You can follow the steps below to prevent Text Message Previews from appearing on your iPhone.
- Move to Settings > Notifications > Messages > on the next screen, tap on the Show Previews option, located under the ‘Options’ section.
- Here, On the next screen, select the Never option to disable iMessage and Text Message Previews on iPhone.
- Now, After this, you will no longer find iMessage or SMS Text Message Previews appearing in New Message Notifications. Rather, the New Message Notifications will only display the Name of the Sender.
2. Hiding Text Messages on iPhone Lock Screen
This Way prevents Text Message Previews from appearing on the Lock Screen of the iPhone meanwhile allowing them to arrive in regular New Message Notifications, So, appearing in the Notification Area.
- Move to Settings > Notifications > scroll down and tap on Messages.
- Now, On the next screen, uncheck the Lock Screen option located under the “ALERTS” section by tapping on it.
- Here, After this, you will no longer find iMessage or Text Message Previews appearing on your device’s Lock Screen.