In the U.S., usually, a person takes more than 25 photos a day. It would be logical to ask where do we keep all of these photos, and why don’t we run out of memory space?
Google Photos enables you to save all your photos automatically. So You can decide later which videos and photos you want to keep and which ones you don’t like.
However, we almost always take photos with our smartphones, by connecting your phone with the Google Photos App, you can easily download the videos and images to your computer. Here is how.
How to Download All images from Google Photos
You can download all the videos and pictures from your Google Photos gallery at the same time. So To do so, you need to learn how to use Google Takeout and schedule your exports.
- Open Google Takeout in a browser – type takeout.google.com in the search bar.
- Now You will see an extensive list of different file types and Google services, such as Maps, Calendar, etc. so scroll to find Google Photos and select it.
- Scroll down and click on the Next step.
- Choose how often you like to export your videos and photos (once or twice a year), as well as the file type for the Download, and it is size. So You can choose .zip or .tgz files and also the volume up to 50GB.
- Now Click on Create Export.
- The process will start, and you will be notified that sometimes it can take hours or days, depending on the size of the folder you are downloading. Now You can continue with the process or cancel it. So You can also proceed to create another export.
If you like to download all your files from an iOS or Android device, follow the same steps.
How to Download Photos One by One
In case you don’t want to download everything from your Google Photos service, but only a couple of files, you can select the desired videos and photos and download them only. The process as the same for all types of devices. Do the following:
- Open your browser and then go to Google Photos.
- Open an album and then select the desired items.
- Now Click on the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- So Choose Download.
Your videos and photos will appear in a zip folder in your Downloads.
Of course, there is also a way to manually download your photos and videos if you don’t have too many of them in your Google Photos account. You can do this by opening your albums, selecting all your photos from the collection, and then clicking on the three-dot icon and then selecting Download.
So Another way is to use the keyboard shortcut to download a video or a photo: press Shift + D.
How to Archive Your Photos
You may want to move your videos and photos to Archive if you don’t want to delete them but instead organize your Google Photos better. Here is how to archive any unnecessary items.
- So Go to Google Photos in your web browser.
- Now Select the photos and videos you want to archive.
- Here Click on the three-dot icon in the top right corner and then choose Archive.
Note: you can also use the keyboard shortcut: Shift + A.
As well, you can open the Archive by clicking on the hamburger icon in the top left corner and now selecting Add photos in the top right corner to add items to the Archive.
How to Delete Unnecessary Photos
In case you Are sure you no longer need the videos and pictures from your Google Photos, you can remove them, temporarily or permanently. This is how:
- Open your browser and go to Google Photos.
- Select the photos or videos you’d like to delete.
- Click Trash, and then Move to trash in the top right corner of the screen.
Well, The deleted items will stay in your Trash bin for 60 days. If you are sure you want to get rid of them before this time passes, you can open the Trash, select the items you want to remove permanently, and click on the three-dot icon in the top right corner. Therefore, choose Delete Permanently, and click on Delete again to confirm.
Clean Up Your Online Space
It is good to go through your photos and organize them from time to time. Scheduled exports are the best way to make sure everything is safe on your computer before deciding to free up your online space and then make room for some new memories.
Do you keep your Google Photos organized? Here How often do you download photos and videos on your PC? Let us know in the comments below!