Don’t worry if YouTube continues informing you that something went wrong and you cannot log in to your account. Can’t Login to YouTube? Login troubles are more prevalent than you would believe, but they’re also straightforward to repair. So, without further ado, let’s go right in and see how you can rapidly remedy this issue on PC and Android.
Why Can’t I Sign in to YouTube With My Google Account?
- Check if YouTube is offline. Then, go to DownDetector and verify whether other users complained about similar difficulties. If this is a known problem, wait it out.
- Ensure there isn’t an error in your username or password. Enter your complete email address, and make sure your keyboard is in the appropriate language.
Enable YouTube Cookies
Launch your browser and activate YouTube cookies under privacy settings. If you’re using Chrome or another Chromium-based browser, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Settings, click on Privacy & Security and scroll down to Site Settings.
- Then scroll down to Content, then choose Cookies and site data. cookies and site data google Chrome
- Refresh your tab and view the results.
Use Incognito Mode
Click on More options and choose New incognito window. Check whether you can log into your YT account. If you can access your account, this suggests something’s preventing the login process. It might be your cache, cookies, or extensions. Go to the next solution to solve the issue.
Clear Your Cache and Disable Your Extensions
Click on More options, click on History twice and choose Clear browsing data. Then erase the cache and cookies from the previous four weeks and examine the results.
If you still can’t log in to YouTube, choose All time under Time range to erase all the cache files and cookies saved on your browser. If the log in issue remains, click again on More options, pick Tools, go to Extensions and manually deactivate all your browser extensions.
Restart your computer, restart Chrome again, and attempt to log in to YouTube again.
Update Your Browser
If you’re using an older browser version on your PC, that may explain why you can’t login to YouTube. Instead, click on More options, go to Help, pick About Google Chrome and check for updates. Then, install the newest browser version on your device, start Chrome again, and verify the results.
If you still can’t log in to your YT account, go to a new browser. Make sure close all the other tabs except YouTube and attempt to log in again.
Maybe Your Account Got Hacked
By the way, if nothing’s functioning, this may imply your YouTube account has been stolen. First, check whether you can access your Google account and change your password. If you’re locked out, utilize the account recovery page and attempt to regain your account.
How to Fix YouTube Login Issues on Android
- Restart your device. Then activate Airplane Mode, wait for a few seconds, disengage Airplane Mode, get back online, and try again.
- Update your YouTube app. Launch the Google Play app, put “youtube” in the search bar, and check whether a newer app version is available for download. Then, hit the Update button to install it.
- Clear the app cache. Go to Settings, pick Apps, go to All apps and touch YouTube. Then choose Storage and press the Clear cache button.
- Reinstall the app. Uninstall Youtube, then restart your Android device. Then reinstall the program and attempt to log in again.
Final Words about Can’t Login to YouTube?
Whether you can’t log in to your YouTube account, check if your browser is to fault for this problem. Clear the cache, deactivate your extensions, check for updates and restart your browser. If you’re using the correct login information, but you’re locked out, attempt to retrieve your account. Chances are your YouTube account has been compromised.
Which of these options worked for you? Let us know in the comments below. If this article helps you solve the issue, spread the word and share it on social media.